Friday, January 17, 2014

 

The Paradox

Two of the most fascinating truths I know are these:

1.  I am a child of God, created for a divine purpose.
2.  My body evolved over billions of years from simpler life forms.

Fascinating as they are, I've tried to envision some way to reconcile the two.  I don't worry about it anymore.  Ultimately there should be harmony. The problem is, I don't think it's possible to mingle them as they are presently understood.

What I do know is my natural origin and divine purpose bear fruit.  One inspires awe in nature, the other inspires overcoming my lower nature.  One is a model of life as it is, the other a model of my life as it can be.  Both are true because they enlighten my mind.  


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]